Thursday, February 28, 2013

Project #9 PLN 1st Post

personal network begins with an individual and a computer. There is a world full of possibilities through communication.

My PLN Beginning Stages:

I have recently downloaded Symbaloo, and I love it. I have found it to be very helpful and much more organized and accessible than bookmarking or adding to a tool bar. I have set Symbaloo as my homepage. It has helped me organize both personal and professional resources.


At this time, my professional PLN contains access to and information regarding:

Twitter, where I have a separate account for academics. I am currently following several inspiring and knowledgeable educators and seeking more.

Links to University of South Alabama, my online classes, PAWS, and the university's library. I often use the library's online database to access the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) journal, The English Journal. Which offers many articles for helping English teachers in the classroom.

Mobile County Public Library

National Education Association

Prudue Owl I frequent this site.

Grammar Girl

Contact information for Larry Beason and Nicole Amare, prior professors of mine at USA who are very helpful resources.

Learnist, which is supposed to be a Pinterest type site for education. I have just recently found this. I am not sure how helpful it will prove to be. I will update later.

Lesson plans and activities I have created.

Of course there are interchangeable resources in my PLN, such as Amazon, Google Drive, and Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the student. This is a great way to learn and get a greater understanding about any given topic. PLN style of learning is a process that I plan on utilizing one day myself. I would love to work with educated individuals across the world. Nice work! Personal Learning Network is an awesome style of learning!

    ReplyDelete