Monday, February 25, 2013

C4K#1 thru #4 Summary February

kid blog
C4K#1
Mai Lee Yang has posted that she was born in Thailand and moved to the United States when she was five years old. In her post, she embedded a map showing her homeland. She speaks Hmong and little English. Mai is 14 now and is taking an 8th grade English language learning class. Judging from her post, she is doing well. I commented on Mai’s use of English and noted that it looks as though she is doing well. I also thanked her for embedding a map. I let her know that I had never heard of Hmong and that she had taught me something.

C4K#2
In her post Why I Like My A.R Book!, Chelsea recommends a book to her friends that she enjoys reading because it is mysterious. In her post Chelsea does a good job by not revealing who the secret admirer is to future readers. I commented and told her that was a good choice. I also asked how her AR reading is going and encouraged her to continue to read to reach her goal of “reading like a rock star,” which she mentioned in another post. I am not familiar with what 4th graders know about book titles and punctuation. So, instead of correcting her misuse of quotation marks around the book title, I was sure to use the title and italicized it. Maybe she will notice and ask her teacher why the difference.

C4K#3
Shaitarn is a year 5 student at Pt England School. He is just starting his blog and has posted an about me presentation. His presentation includes slides of his favorite characters, his imaginary friends, his favorite car, and more. I commented that I see he is just beginning his blog and that I hope he will enjoy blogging. I also remarked on his good presentation and the cool car he included.

C4K#4
Brandon is a 1st grader at a school in Theodore. I enjoyed looking over his and his classmates' blogs. I have a kindergartner and a 2nd grader, and I wonder what my 2nd grader would think of the blogging process. I knew from the C4K assignment spreadsheet that Ms. Vannoy's class is a first grade class, but I wanted to pose a question to Brandon that may generate a response. So, because I didn't see it on the blog anywhere I asked him what grade he is in. His post is about how he loves Christmas, and he says he received cars and trucks for Christmas. I wanted to relate to him. I told him that I have a 6 and an 8 year old and that they love Christmas, cars, and trucks also. I hope to hear back from him. His age and blogging intrigue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment