Tuesday, April 2, 2013

C4K#5 thru #8 Summary March

a little boy blogging
C4K5
Sam is second grader in Miss Mac’s class in Birmingham. His blog posts are exceptionally well written in my opinion for a 2nd grader. I have a 2nd grader of my own, and I would love for his class to do such an assignment. Sam’s latest post is about Minecraft. He incorporated some neat images in his blog. I told him he has been doing a wonderful job on his blogs. I also told him that I am not familiar with Minecraft. I also told him that I really enjoyed his post and his images, and Minecraft looks like something that would interest my 8 year old also.

C4K6
Reilly is a 6th grader who posted a creative writing post. He posted a picture of a hissing cat. From the picture, he came up with many ideas to write about. He gave reasons why the cat may be mad, and he also mentioned that if he was the photographer he would not stand so close. I told Reilly I really enjoyed reading his post. And so far, it has been my favorite post. I enjoy reading students’ creative posts. I can remember being assigned a picture and having to write a story about it when I was in school. I told him he done a wonderful job and that I enjoyed his creativity. I also asked if he enjoyed blogging, and he replied saying blogging is fun and he enjoys it very much.

C4K7 In Rebecca's post Autism, she blogged about a few questions she has pertaining to Autism. I commented and told her I do not personally know anyone with Autism, but I do find the disorder interesting. I suggested she check out the website Autism Speaks because it has some really interesting information on it.

C4K8 Jordan's class blog has been my favorite so far. It seems to be well maintained and put together. His post Nunavut, shows that his teacher tries to have an innovative classroom. He said his teacher had them Skype with another teacher. The students asked yes or no questions in order to figure out where the teacher was located. His Skype teacher was from Nunavut. He learned about the population, the capital, hunting habits, and the surprising fact that there are no trees there. I told Jordan I think it is great that his teacher is leading an innovative classroom. A technological learning game of clue sounds like fun learning time. I also complimented his class blog, as well as his post.

No comments:

Post a Comment